Representing Kentucky Employers In Employment Issues
Employment disputes can be costly both to a company’s reputation and its bottom line. The attorneys at Tilford Dobbins & Schmidt, PLLC, represent employers in all types of employment litigation. We also provide counsel and training to avoid litigation.
Our experience in representing employees in labor and employment law disputes helps us to effectively defend employers against discrimination and other claims. We are located in Louisville and represent employers in Kentucky and southern Indiana, as well as clients with multi state locations.
Our attorneys provide a wide range of employment law services, including:
- Developing employment policies and handbooks
- Training and best practices counseling
- Representing employers in administrative proceedings
- Drafting employment contracts, including noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements
- Protecting trade secret and proprietary information
- Defending employers against discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims
- Helping employers comply with wage and hour laws, including overtime requirements and defending employers against claims
- Counseling employers on classification of salaried employees and independent contractors and defending employers against misclassification claims
- Advising employers in issues involving the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Representing employers in failure to accommodate and other claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Representing the interests of employers in union and labor negotiations and grievances
- Advising employers in terminations, plant closings and acquisitions
- Representing employers in privacy, defamation and employment reference litigation
Our lawyers are known as successful advocates before administrative panels and courts. In addition, where appropriate, we explore opportunities for early resolution through mediation and other types of alternative dispute resolution whenever possible to help employers avoid the cost and distraction of a drawn-out dispute.