Estate Planning & Administration
Estate planning and estate and trust administration have been a focus of Tilford Dobbins & Schmidt, PLLC since the Louisville firm’s inception in 1903.
We are trusted estate advisors.
In today’s environment, estate planning requires attention and sensitivity to the unique needs of each client and an in-depth knowledge of the diverse techniques available in this dynamic area of the law. The firm’s attorneys seek to understand each client’s needs and interests and advise clients regarding how best to realize these needs and interests using the latest available and permissible tax and planning devices.
Our attorneys advise clients on the preparation and execution of wills, living wills and trust agreements, the gift and estate tax consequences of gifting programs and the sheltering of assets. Our attorneys are experienced in all areas of trust and estate administration and the related tax consequences. The firm also assists clients in will contests and the interpretation of wills and trust documents.
The firm’s services include:
- Directive to physicians (living will)
- Reciprocal spousal wills
- Powers of attorney
- Revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Generation-skipping trusts
- Living trusts
- Gifts to children
- Special needs trusts for children
- Limited guardianships
- Charitable gift and philanthropic planning
- Blended-family estate plans
- Prenuptial, postnuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Advice on elder law issues including Medicaid-qualifying trusts and Medicaid planning
- Estate administration
- Trust administration
- Estate-related tax matters
Tilford Dobbins & Schmidt, PLLC serves businesses and individuals throughout the Louisville, Kentucky metropolitan area and surrounding counties, including southern Indiana.