Protecting Your Finances And Your Family
Every family is unique and deserves to be treated with care, sensitivity and respect. This is the approach we bring to our family law practice at Tilford Dobbins & Schmidt, PLLC. Our lawyers have a reputation for persistently pursuing our clients’ interests toward the best possible outcome, while keeping in mind the emotional difficulties our clients and their families face.
We represent men and women throughout the Louisville, Kentucky, metropolitan area, as well as neighboring communities in northern Kentucky and southern Indiana. To discuss your family issue with a lawyer, call 502-584-1000.
Here are examples of the family legal issues our attorneys handle:
- Divorce: Our lawyers protect the interests of our clients in divorce proceedings. With our business background, we have the ability to handle complex cases involving significant assets.
- Child custody and support: We help fathers and mothers create parenting plans and child support orders that protect the interests of their children. Our attorneys also handle modifications and enforcement of custody and support orders after divorce.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: By determining in advance how marital assets will be divided in the event of a future divorce, you can minimize the complexity and cost of a divorce while protecting assets you want to keep.
- Paternity: When a child is born out of wedlock, it’s important to the child and the parents to establish paternity. Without establishing paternity, fathers do not have the right to visitation and mothers do not have the right for child support.
- Stepparent and family member adoption: We help families who wish to adopt in Kentucky and Indiana.
- Estate planning: We create wills, trusts and other estate planning documents that help families meet their goals for preserving assets and protecting beneficiaries.
- Probate services: Our lawyers advise executors and beneficiaries in Kentucky and Indiana probate proceedings. We also handle will contests and other types of probate litigation.
For More Information About Family Legal Services
Our goal is to protect the assets and relationships that are most important to you. To discuss your legal needs with an attorney at Tilford Dobbins & Schmidt, PLLC, call 502-584-1000 or complete our contact form.