Attorneys For Kentucky Businesses
For more than 100 years, the attorneys of Tilford Dobbins & Schmidt, PLLC, have advised and represented entrepreneurs, owners, officers and shareholders of privately and publicly held companies, and nonprofits in Louisville and throughout Kentucky and southern Indiana.
We tailor our legal services to the specific needs of our clients using a team of highly qualified lawyers. When you retain an attorney at our firm, you benefit from the experience of our entire team of attorneys. This enables us to address issues that are complex and involve multiple areas of law. Call 502-584-1000 to discuss your needs with a lawyer.
Here are just a few of the areas of law our attorneys handle:
- Business formation and planning: We help business owners form corporations, limited liability companies and other business entities. Our attorneys also draft partnership and shareholder agreements.
- Financing: We help businesses obtain financing for their enterprise. We also represent banks and lending institutions.
- Business transactions: We draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts and agreements. We also mediate and litigate disputes.
- Mergers and acquisitions: Our lawyers advise business owners concerning joint ventures and mergers. We also provide due diligence in the purchase or sale of a business.
- Real estate: We represent businesses in all types of commercial real estate transactions, including representation before zoning and land use boards.
- Construction: We represent landowners, developers, architects, suppliers and contractors in commercial and residential construction projects.
- Civil litigation: Our lawyers advocate for our clients in state and federal courts in Kentucky and Indiana, and before administrative agencies. When feasible, we explore mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution to give our clients the greatest control over the cost and the outcome of litigation.
- Employment law: We help employers develop policies and procedures to comply with state and federal employment laws. We also represent employers against discrimination claims.
- Taxation: We represent businesses in audits and other tax controversies before the Internal Revenue Service and state revenue agencies. We also help businesses and local governments qualify for tax credits.
- Business bankruptcy: We represent businesses and creditors in commercial bankruptcy proceedings.
- Personal services: Our lawyers represent business owners in family law concerns such as divorce and estate planning.
We offer a depth and breadth of experience uncommon for a law firm of our size. Due to the comprehensive legal services we provide, we often serve as general legal counsel for businesses that are too small to have in-house counsel.
For More Information About Our Legal Services For Businesses
Our goal is to provide your business with the best results in a professional, cost-effective manner. To discuss your legal needs with an attorney at Tilford Dobbins & Schmidt, PLLC, call 502-584-1000 or complete our contact form.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.