Louisville Attorneys For Discrimination And Employment Claims
A problem in the workplace can affect your career and your sense of self-worth. If you are dealing with issues such as harassment or discrimination on the job, you may find it a trying experience simply to go to work in the morning.
At the law firm of Tilford Dobbins & Schmidt, PLLC, in Louisville, our lawyers represent employees in all types of employment disputes, including:
- Employment discrimination based on sex, age, race, nationality, religion or disability
- Sexual harassment by an employer or coworker
- Retaliation for filing a discrimination claim or supporting the claim of another
- Wrongful termination
- Failure to pay overtime when it is due
- Misclassification as an independent contractor to avoid providing employment benefits
- Wrongful denials of request to take leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Denial of a workers’ compensation claim
- Disputes over noncompetition agreements
- Defamation by an employer which makes it harder it find another job
Our attorneys advocate for employees in state and federal courts in Kentucky and Indiana, and before agencies such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). We are also skilled at negotiating financial settlements to resolve your discrimination or harassment claim.
To protect your right to justice and compensation, it’s important to contact an attorney as soon as possible if you are involved in an employment dispute. Our employment law attorneys can advise you on the steps you need to take to document and report your claim.
For More Information About Your Rights As An Employee
To discuss your rights and your options with an attorney at Tilford Dobbins & Schmidt, PLLC, call 502-513-0600 or complete our contact form.