History Of Growing Trust In Kentucky
Tilford Dobbins & Schmidt, PLLC, dates from 1901, when the firm was founded by Henry J. Tilford. The firm has been distinguished by exceptional attorneys who rose to prominence in the Kentucky legal community.
Attorneys of our firm:
- Have been named “Top Lawyers” in Louisville Magazine
- Have earned an AV Preeminent* rating, the highest designation under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system.
- Have been selected for inclusion in Kentucky Super Lawyers
Firm founder Henry J. Tilford served as chief judge of Kentucky’s highest court and returned to the firm after a number of years on the bench. Attorney Lawrence Wetherby practiced with the firm until he was elected governor of Kentucky in 1955. Mr. Wetherby rejoined the firm in an of-counsel position after his term as governor.
Our clients benefit from the stability and reputation we have achieved as one of Louisville’s oldest and most-respected law firms. With 20 attorneys who focus on different areas of law, we are big enough to provide a depth and breadth of legal services to businesses and individuals. Yet we are small enough to provide personal and attentive service.
Each of our lawyers draws on a broad base of legal knowledge and has several areas of concentration. This enables us to address a wide spectrum of legal issues in business and personal matters, in transactions with government entities and before administrative agencies throughout Kentucky, southern Indiana and other states across the region.
When you retain an attorney at Tilford Dobbins & Schmidt, PLLC, you benefit from the experience of our entire team of attorneys. This enables us to address issues that are complex and involve multiple areas of law.
For more information about our backgrounds and credentials, please click on the following links:
- Charles W. Dobbins Jr.
- Mark W. Dobbins
- Patrick T Schmidt
- Terrence L. McCoy
- Lisa Koch Bryant
- Ruby Fenton
- Sandra B. Hammond
- Wm. Stephen Reisz
- Sandra Finley Keene
- Elizabeth McConahy Jenkins
- Edward L. Galloway
- Thomas G. Karageorge
- J. D. Raine, Jr.
- Katherine Gail Russell
- Kathleen M.W. Schoen
- Tacasha E. Thomas
- Ayala Golding
- Kacie A. Wilkinson
- Gwendolyn Chidester
- William A. Buckaway Jr.
- Terrell L. Black
- John Anthony Wilmes
- Jonathan Earle Brian Black
To Schedule An Attorney Consultation
We believe in the power of principle and progressive thinking. By providing legal services of the utmost quality, adhering to unwavering ethical standards and applying cutting edge legal strategies, we can achieve optimal results for our clients.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.