A History Of Growing Trust In Kentucky
- Family Law and Divorce
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Estate Planning and Probate
Nicholas Veroff joined Tilford Dobbins & Schmidt, PLLC in September of 2023. Nick is from Floyds Knobs, Indiana. His legal practice is focused primarily on family law, including divorce and child custody cases. Nick is a trained mediator (focused primarily in family law matters).
Nick received his B.A. in psychology from the University of Louisville in 2015. Thereafter, he earned his J.D. from the University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of Law in 2018.
Nick’s background in psychology before obtaining his law license allows him to assist clients daily in a number of ways beyond legal advice. While in law school, Nick trained and became a recognized mediator. He assisted and participated in piloting the Louisville Law Mediation Clinic in which he and others resolved cases for low-income individuals in the Louisville community. He continues utilizing his mediation training to assist parties and colleagues to mediate their disputes. Nick’s legal experience enables him to guide his clients through an array of legal matters, including adoption, maintenance (alimony & spousal support), child custody and parenting time, child support, divorce and dissolution, domestic violence, interstate jurisdictional disputes, name changes, paternity, prenuptial agreements, complex marital property division case, mediation and collaborative law, same sex family law, and relocation cases.
Nick is licensed to practice in both Kentucky (2018) and Indiana (2019) Courts. He is a member of the Kentucky Bar Association, the Louisville Bar Association, the Young Professionals Association of Louisville, the Indiana State Bar Association, and the Clark County (Indiana) Bar Association.
Nick has been named, on numerous occasions, a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, a research-driven, peer influenced rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Nick currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Exploited Children’s Help Organization (“ECHO”); is a member of the Kentucky Collaborative Family Network; and enjoys volunteering with a number of non-profits in the Louisville and Southern Indiana areas.
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- Juris Doctorate - 2018
- University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- B.A. - 2015
- Major: Psychology
- Floyd Central High School, Floyd Knobs, Indiana
- Kentucky, 2018
- Indiana, 2019
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2023-2024
- Young Professionals Association of Louisville, Emerging Leaders Program (ELP), 2019
- Exploited Children’s Help Organization (“ECHO”); Board of Directors
- Special Olympics of Kentucky; Volunteer, Coach, and Unified Partner
- Kentucky Collaborative Family Network, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- Louisville Bar Association, Member
- Indiana Bar Association, Member
- Clark County (IN) Bar Association, Member
- Young Professionals Association of Louisville
Current Employment Position