A History Of Growing Trust In Kentucky
- Employment Law
- Traditional Labor Law
- Mediation & Arbitration
Ms. Fenton's practice centers in the area of Labor and Employment Law. She has a wealth of experience in the following areas:
Employment Law: Representation of employers in defense of both individual and class action suits claiming unlawful employment discrimination and/or common law wrongful discharge. Representation of employers in administrative proceedings in the areas of employment discrimination, wage and hour, unemployment, occupational safety and health. Representation of individuals and businesses in employment matters related to purchase and/or sale of business, drafting and enforcing agreements relating to employment including but not limited to those containing restrictive covenants.
Traditional Labor Law: Representation of management in aspects of labor/management related to opposition of unionization, representation proceedings, employer's election campaign, contract negotiations and interpretations and arbitrations.
Miscellaneous: Assist clients in "litigation prevention" techniques including preparation of employee handbooks, consultation with and training of management personnel with respect to employment policy development and implementation, and advice on employment actions such as layoff, termination, promotion, etc.
Mediation/Arbitration: Certified Mediator, Kentucky Supreme Court. Mediation of civil matters including labor and employment matters, contract disputes, and commercial disputes.
- University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Book Award - Evidence and Trusts and Estates
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Bachelor of Science
- Major: Audiology
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1989
- Kentucky, 1989
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Fenton, Chapter 13: "Whistleblower Protection"; Law & Ethics in Diagnostic Imaging and Therapeutic Radiology, W.B. Sounders Company, 1995
- AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, 1989-2017
Classes & Seminars
- Employment Discrimination Law and Labor Law, University of Louisville School of Business, 1989 to 1990
- Paralegal Studies, Sullivan College, 1982 to 1985
- Human Resources, Bellarmine University
- "Safe Harbors in Labor/Employment Law" & "Intersection of the ADA and other Labor & Employment Laws", Carl A. Warns Labor & Employment Law Institute, 1996 to 2014
- "Effective Policies and Procedures: Creation and Administration", "Social Media in the Workplace", and "Enforceability of Covenants not to Compete", Oldham County Government, 2007 to 2016
- "Changes in Life Affecting Employer Strategies", Kentucky Healthcare/Financial Management Association, 2005
- "The Wage and Hour Laws and the Effects of...", Kentucky Financial Professionals Conference, 2005
- "Employment Law Update", "Hiring and Firing: How to do it Right", and "Beyond the Basics in Employment Law, Sterling Education Services, 2001 to 2010
- "All Hands on Deck - Navigating Return to Work Issues", and "Matters of the Mind", Access Center Partnership, 1993 to 2003
- "Employee vs. Independent Contractor: Differences You Need to Know and Document Drafting Tips", Business Associations Law Institute, 2017 to 2017
- City of LaGrange, Commonwealth of Kentucky
- University of Louisville
- Masters' Supply, Inc.
- Centers for Accessible Living
- Walker Mechanical Contractors, Inc.
- MiD, Inc.
- Star Aviation, Inc
- Hon. Thomas J. Knopf
- Hon. A.C. McKay Chauvin
- Ms. Karen Garnet, Dist. Director, Dept. of Labor
- Mr. Jack Bell, Jr. President, Masters' Supply, Inc.
- Borowitz & Goldsmith, PLC, Partner, 2004 to 2013
- Pitt Fenton, PLLC, Partner, 1997 to 2004
- Rogers, Fuller & Pitt, Associate, 1989 to 1997
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member, 1989 to Present
- Louisville Bar Association, Member, 1989 to Present
- Attorneys Advisory Committee, The Access Center, Member, 2000 to Present
- Louisville Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, Chairperson, 1996 to 1997
- Legal Studies Advisory Board, Sullivan University, Member, 2000 to Present
Current Employment Position